powerful & proven geodemographic segmentation.
geoSmart is a proven and powerful segmentation that assigns all Australian consumers & households to one of 58 segments and 12 groups. geoSmart has been built to maximize differences in socioeconomic status, wallet size, spending patterns, family mix, media consumption, behavioural response and multicultural influences.
Click on a geoSmart Segment below for more information
To find your geoSmart Segment, press here >>
why we use socioeconomic status & family orientation
The two most powerful drivers of why different types of people choose to live in particular places are Family Orientation and Socioeconomic Status...
Family Orientation discriminates between family areas where there are kids, mortgages & large houses and non-family areas where young and older independent singles & couples choose to live. Family Orientation taps into lifecycle stage which is a key driver of needs across most categories.
Socioeconomic Status (SES) represents the combined effect of educational attainment, occupational status & income and is a key driver of the spending power and quality of purchases made by people to meet their needs. SES drives the price/quality trade-off that is often the most critical factor in brand positioning.
While psychographics influence consumer behaviour at the individual level, they tend to be overpowered in geospatial data by more powerful factors like spending power, cultural influences and established household expenditure patterns, which are all integral to geoSmart's construction.
geoSmart is a highly flexible segmentation system, providing powerful solutions for...
- Database enhancement to better understand the types of customers & how they behave.
- Selecting customers for campaigns using lookalike targeting.
- Creating tailored messaging using psychological & lifestyle profiling.
- Profiling websites & call centre visitors and purchasers by tagging them in real time.
- Media planning using data available from EMMA (Ipsos) & CMV (Nielsen).
- Wallet size estimation using RDA’s household expenditure profiles.
- Gap analysis & market penetration to work out the best areas for business development.
- Profiling channel usage to improve channel mix.
- Planning retail networks by locating stores or branches where target segments shop.
- Profiling lapsed & newly acquired customers to better understand competitive dynamics.
geoSmart targets audience groups with distinctive lifestyles & propensities